The individual’s qualifications should include, but not be limited to:
- Ability to work independently, with a lateral mind that can recognise opportunities
- Advanced analytical, commercial and negotiation skills
- Agile and iterative approach to developing business
- A strong communicator
- Good knowledge of MS Office tools, especially Excel
The successful candidate must be fluent in English and professional proficiency in another language, ideally Mandarin, Hindi or Arabic.
S/he has an extensive network in the international wholesale, retail, and online industry, a strong knowledge of international distribution channels, and experience of developing mid to high-end fashion brands globally.
A strong understanding of global affairs and of socio-economic issues worldwide is a must.
S/he will be able to demonstrate initiative and sound judgement in decision making.
Tasks including but are not limited to:
- Research and actively develop new business opportunities internationally.
- Recruit agents and distributors and supervise their activities.
- identify any specific market requirements and manage the compliance process for the collection.